Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Phew, time for an update! 10 weeks 2 days pregnant

Well, its been about 3 weeks since I last made a post but times have been very difficult. As you know in my last post I mentioned that I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage, well shortly after that post around 8 weeks along I had the most blood I've had yet, it was bright red and lots of it, I was terrified, I went to my OB the following morning which found the two beautiful heartbeats again, this time at 154 and 160 bpm, babies grew a ton from the last time I seen them just over a week earlier, they were no longer measuring 3 days small but only 1 day, I was relieved.

I talked to the midwife a bit that said these bleeds can be light, medium, heavy, brown, pink, and red, I've had it all, so I was put on modified bed rest and full pelvic rest almost 3 weeks ago. Its been extremely difficult since I have to try to care for Jacob while staying off my feet but between our friend/roomate Marlon, my husband, and some friends that were nice enough to bring me meals a few nights, I've been getting by. I will admit, I have been a bit depressed, having to stay home and laying down most of my days and not being able to live life normally has me in the dumps. I am also still very nauseous and turned off by most foods, I just feel terrible.

The past week or so has been better on the bleeding, its only been some brown spotting with an occasionally dark red light bleed, I get a right side pain when I am over doing it followed by a bit more bleeding, so I know when I am doing too much which I accidentally did a few times recently. Its amazing the difference between the pregnancy with Jacob and this one, I adored being pregnant with Jacob, I felt great, loved every moment. I have to say, I've enjoyed maybe 1-2 weeks of this pregnancy, from the day I found out until I began to bleed at 6 weeks, thats all. Since then I've dealt with severe sickness and constant bleeding/spotting. No matter how many times I go in and see my babies doing well, seeing blood during pregnancy will never make you not worry or fear for the worst, I honestly am scared to use the restroom now and build up anxiety over it.

Some positive stuff is that my friend/neighbor allowed me to borrow her doppler and I was able to pick up a heartbeat at 9 weeks along and by 9 weeks 4 days I found both heartbeats, it was quite reassuring and now if I have anymore major bleeding episodes I can do my doppler and feel at ease that the babies are ok.

We also set up a 3D/4D ultrasound to find out the genders of the babies for Sept 15th, I'll be just under 16 weeks, I am so excited and can't wait to find out what they are. I am currently 10 weeks 2 days right now and starting to pop, I have quite the pudgy baby belly, starting to finally look a bit pregnant, babies are supposed to be the size of prunes this week :) . Well thats all for now, hopefully I'll be back sooner than 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment