Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lots of updates! Currently 7 weeks 2 days pregnant

I have been slacking big time on posting, a lot has been going on the past couple weeks. First of all, as you all know, my last post mentioned seeing two sacs, we were not certain how that would all play out until we seen the heartbeats, we had an appointment set up with my OB for July 17th but unfortunately we got a scare that made us go back to the RE when we were 6 weeks 1 day because I began to bleed the night before, it was red blood and a moderate amount and so scary. Thank goodness we seen 1 heartbeat right away at that visit the following day and about a 70% chance they seen a second heartbeat, babies were measuring 3 days small so it was hard to make out, they couldn't see where the bleed came from, it stopped by the time I got to my appt.

Over the next few days I spotted a bit, but then I was terrified again last Friday to begin bleeding red again, my RE was out of town and nobody was in that day that could do an u/s so I called my OB and they decided to see me that day. I am proud to announce we have 2 strong, beautiful heartbeats! The babies heartbeats were measuring 127 bpm and 116 bpm, they did find the source of the bleed which is called a subchorionic hemorrhage, its when the placenta and everything gets implanted into the uterus and hits something that causes a bleed, a slight separating of the placenta from uterine wall, extremely common and almost never fatal to babies, they usually resolve themselves. I was so relieved to know the bleeding wasn't coming from one of my babies.

I have had pretty much non stop spotting since that bleed but we had our first official non emergency prenatal appointment yesterday where we got to see our babies again! This time babies heartbeats were 141 bpm and 135 bpm, the bleed is still there but they assured me its small. I may have spotting/light bleeding off and on for weeks, even months, just hard to say. They said babies and sacs look great. I am terribly sick, nauseous nearly all day and don't want to eat anything, tired all the time too, its reassuring but at the same time I can hardly get off the couch which is hard when you have a 4 year old running around. Here is the u/s pictures of our beautiful twins at 7 weeks 1 day, measuring 6 weeks 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment