Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Egg retrieval and fertilization report

I have been slacking in the posting department but I have been consumed quite a bit lately. We triggered with ovidrel on Saturday night, the 9th at 11:45pm and were scheduled for retrieval for 11:00am Monday morning the 12th. I felt in my heart that I may have been triggered too early as I had only been stimming 7 days, the average being 9-12 days but being that my E2 levels were rising so fast, they didn't want to risk OHSS so they triggered me.

I got to Augusta around 10:20am the day of retrieval and they took me back around 11:00am, I was put under general anesthesia and remember nothing, when I woke up they told me they retrieved 19 eggs and that they would call me the following day with the fertilization report, I was so happy with that number of eggs.

I got the call around 1:00pm on Tuesday and I was slightly disappointed but need to remember that the Lord is going to provide the perfect amount of embies for us, they told me of the 19 eggs retrieved, only 11 were mature which wasn't shocking since I was triggered so early. Of those 11 mature, 8.5 fertilized, the 9th only half way fertilized and the other 8 fertilized normally. While 8 is a good number, I am terrified of how many more will drop off before day 5 and my RE wants a 5 day transfer. I have prayed all along that the Lord would give me the perfect amount of embies to go along with how many kids we're mean't to have so in my heart I always wanted at least 2 to transfer and 2-4 to freeze for later use or in case the fresh transfer failed, so I've prayed for 4-6 total by day 5.

I will be awaiting the call tomorrow which will be day 3 to let me know how many of those 8 have continued to grow and to know the quality of them, I am quite nervous and have been praying for my 8 precious little embies so much in the last two days, while I know its rare for all the fertilized embies to continue to grow, I am still praying they all make it, I don't want to lose any of them. I am also praying for quality, I really hope that we have great quality embies to help give us a better shot of this working.

I am a bit of a nervous wreak right now but I am hoping for good news tomorrow. I have been very bloated the past 2 days and downing tons of gatorade, it helps but I have been uncomfortable, I don't think I have OHSS at all, thank goodness, but I am certainly ready to feel less bloated. Until tomorrow, that is our update, thank you for all your prayers everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment